At Village Eye Care we pride ourselves on providing quality comprehensive eye care in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere for the whole family. Your confidence in our staff to provide you with the best service possible is of the utmost importance to us. It is also important to us that we are on time for your exam, but sometimes we do get behind due to eye emergencies or other unanticipated issues or delays. We will do our best to let you know if we are behind schedule and appreciate your understanding if and when these situations arise.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while we follow the current CDC guidelines that are required by Village Eye Care to continue to provide you and your family safe and effective care.
What to Expect At Your Exam
- New patients should arrive 10-15 before your appointment to fill out necessary paperwork if it has not been filled out ahead of time or filled out and submitted online
- Test for vision (visual acuity) and prescription (refraction) for glasses. A copy of your finalized eyeglass prescription will be provided to you at the end of your visit if applicable
- External examination of eyes and lids
- Glaucoma test (usually using drops)
- Dilation of pupils to examine the retina and internal eye health
- Photographs of the retina may be offered or necessary
What to Bring to Your Exam
- Any paperwork provided to you by the office for registration or updating your demographic information
- Your Medical Insurance Cards and Vision Plan Identification Card (if applicable)
- Any eyeglasses you wear including sunglasses (prescription and non-prescription), and any glasses you’ve been prescribed, but do not currently use. Disposable sunglasses will be given at the end of your dilated examination visit if you do not own sunglasses
- Current List of all your medications and any allergies to medications or other items/substances (ie. latex, adhesives, peanuts, etc…)
- Some people feel more comfortable bringing a driver if being dilated. Dilation can last 3+ hours depending on the person. Although the distance vision is not usually affected, near vision will be blurry, your eyes will be sensitive to sunlight.
Contact Lens Wearers:
- Wear your contact lenses your visit, please try to wear them for at lease 2 hours prior so that they have had time to settle for proper evaluation. Do not wear your lenses if they are causing pain or discomfort
- New patients should bring any boxes, foils, or other information about your contact lens prescription with you, along with your glasses
- Name of your current contact lens solutions used for cleaning and disinfection
Health Insurance Plans Accepted:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- BMC Health Net
- Allways Health Partners
- Health New England
- Cigna/Cigna Vision
- Tricare (Note: Not all plans accepted)
- United Health Care
- Havard Pilgrim
Health Insurance Plans Accepted:
- Blue View Vision
- Consolidated Health Care
- First Health Network
- Pioneer (CBA/EBPA)
- Tufts & Tufts Medicare Plans
- Tufts Network Health (Together Plan ONLY)
- US Family Health Plan
- VNA Blue Benefit Administrators of MA
Vision Plans Accepted:
- EyeMed (Note: We only accept Eyemed’s Access and Plus plans)
We also accept Cash, Major Credits Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), Care Credit, FSA
(Flexible Spending Accounts) and HSA (Health Savings Accounts).
If you have questions about insurance coverage, vision care plans, elligibility or using Care Credit, FSA/HSA benefits please contact the office directly.
Important Information Regarding Insurance, Vision Care Plans and Coverage:
- Please note that Medicare does not cover the $40 refraction portion of the eye examination. You will be responsible for this amount if your secondary does not cover this service.
- We do not accept MassHealth Standard
- Vision Care Plans are for wellness screenings and determination of eye glass and/or contact lens prescription (if necessary). Examinations and visits due to medical conditions or problems are billed through health insurance plan coverage. If you have questions about your upcoming visit or coverage of services please contact your medical or vision coverage provider, or our office billing staff for assistance.