Eye Exam Services:
We serve patients ages 4 – 104 in our friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
- Routine eye health examinations
- Vision screening and testing for prescription glasses
- Diabetic retinal evaluations
- Treatment of eye infections such as conjunctivitis
- Retinal photography with the Optomap camera system
- Glaucoma testing, including eye pressure, Visual Field testing, OCT imagery, and corneal pachymetry
- Evaluation for Cataracts, Macular Degeneration, and other vision-threatening eye diseases
- Evaluation and Treatment for Dry Eye
- Removal and treatment of superficial corneal foreign bodies
- Computerized Corneal Topography
About Your Eye Exam
The health of your eyes is of the utmost importance to us. Thorough examination of the external and internal health of the eyes is necessary to detect any problems that may need to be addressed further, sometimes by referring you to an appropriate specialist.
Careful refractions to determine your eyeglass prescription are also a key component to your routine eye care. Eyeglass prescriptions are provided after your refraction to correct myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopic focusing errors. Prescriptions for glasses can expire every 1-2 years, so please come to see Dr. Morin regularly to keep your eyeglass prescription up to date.
Please be sure to bring any eyewear, including sunglasses, with you to your eye examination appointment. This includes non-prescription sunglasses and over the counter reading glasses. If your eyes are dilated during your examination, sunglasses will provide more comfortable vision in the sun while the effects of the drops wear off. Disposable sunglasses are available at the office upon request.
Contact lenses are prescription medical devices regulated by the FDA. Separate evaluations are done for contact lens wearers that require additional time and evaluation of your eye health and vision in order to ensure your eyes continual health and compatibility with your prescribed contact lenses. Contact lens prescriptions expire every year, so annual visits are required to keep your eyes healthy and your contact lens prescription valid.